About Upscale Remodeling
Stephen L. Nash, Jr.
President and Founder
Mentored since the age of 10 by his father who was also mentored by his father before him, Steve carries on a third generation of remodeling excellence. Having been born and raised in Ithaca by his family that migrated to and settled the Ellis Hollow/Snyder Hill area in the late 1700’s, Steve is an Ithaca native and is therefore very well rooted in the local community. He is a consummate professional that truly cares about people and with more than 25 years of remodeling experience, he brings an enormous amount of expertise, knowledge and dedication to this business.
During high school Steve honed his skills as a carpenter by attended the area vocational school where he won regional and state awards in cabinet making and millwork. He continued on to college at the State University of Delhi where he studied Architecture and Construction Technology.
After college he spent a few more years working with his father and then, in 1992, he founded Upscale Remodeling Corporation; a full-service remodeling company specializing design/build. It wasn’t long before Upscale Remodeling grew into the reputable company that it is today.
Steve lives on Hurd Road just outside of Ellis Hollow with his wife, Jennifer, and three children, Hunter, Chase, and Riley. When Steve is not working, you will find him either training his two English Setters or fly-fishing on the Delaware River.
Education, Awards & Certifications
- Construction Technology at the State University of New York at Delhi
- Certificate of Achievement Award for Safety in the Workplace 2004 & 2005
- Recognized by Certainteed Corporation as a “Quality Expert”
- Certificate of Achievement for Business Management - Certified Contractors Network
- Certified Tompkins County Living Wage Employer
- Holds both a Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) and a Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) designation from the National Association of Home Building (NAHB).
- Served two (2) years as Vice President, two (2) years on the ethics committee and two (2) years on the board of directors of the TCBRA (Tompkins-Cortland Builder's and Remodeler's Association)
- Member of the BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- Member of NYSBA (New York State Builders Association)
- Member of the local Tompkins-Cortland Builder's and Remodeler's Association
- Member of NARI (National Association of the Remodeling Industry)
- Member of NAHB (National Association of Homebuilders)
- Assisted with the construction of an addition to the ScienceCenter
- Assisted Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Association with a new addition
- Community Build project at Camp Barton Boy Scout Camp
- Guest speaker at the Area Vocational Center (BOCES)
- Guest speaker at the Tompkins-Cortland Builders & Remodeler’s Assoc.
- Served on the advisory committee for the NYS Vocational Schools (BOCES)